We love to make barbecue at parties and always try to find a new way to make this experience charming. Adding a smoke tube to your pellet grill is one of the ways to make it happen. The method is popular amongst many and it’s the simplest process you can follow. Also, it enhances the taste of your food.
Despite its popularity, many of us don’t know how to use a smoke tube in a pellet grill. So, today we will help you to learn the process. After reading the article we hope it will be a lot easier for you to use a smoke tube. And you’ll be acquainted with a completely new process. So, without any further to do, let’s begin.
What is a smoke tube?
Before learning how to use a pellet tube smoker, we just want you to know what exactly the smoke tube is.
A smoke tube is a metal container where the smoking pellets are kept. In other words, you can say, it’s a smoke generator. Once you put your pellets into the tube and light it, it will produce a decent flame to burn whatever you want it to burn. A smoke tube is perfect to be used in any smoker or grill. And it is also appropriate for cold and hot smoking.
how to use a smoke tube in a pellet grill?
If you know the process of using a smoker tube on a pellet grill then it is the easiest thing you ever did. The process is so simple. All you have to do is add pellets into the tube.
Set it up vertically. Light it up and close the grill for 10 or 15 minutes. Once you see enough flame is coming, then you can start proceeding with making barbeque. Let’s see all the procedures one by one.
- Fill the smoke tube with wood or pellets.
- Tap the tube on the ground a few times. Just make sure that all the pellets are settled.
- If you see, the tube still has some space. Add more pellets.
- Set it vertically up.
- Light it, or press the switch of the pellet grills on.
- let it burn for around 10 minutes.
- Once it is ready to go, let it sit aside.
- Then add your food over it, and close the grill.
- When you see the flame is flowing out, you’re ready to smoke.
How does a cold smoke tube work?
People also ask how to use a cold smoke tube. So, our next part is for it. Let’s take a glance to learn how to use smoke tubes for cold smoking.
- With a butane torch ignite one end of the tube
- Blow out the fire, position the tube in the smoking area.
- Depending on the length the pellet tube will smoke and burn for 2-5 hours.
How to use a smoke tube in a gas grill?
When we talk about using a smoke tube on a pellet grill, using it on a gas grill is the topic that automatically comes to our mind. So, why not take a look at that part as well.
- Get wood pellets and a smoke tube around 12 inches.
- Clean your smoke tube properly and if it’s wet, try to dry it well.
- Fill the tube with a few pellets.
- Place the smoke tube in a corner where you’re cooking.
- Let it burn for around 10 mins.
- Check the tube after 10 mins. If you see it’s ready, you can start barbecuing.
So, as you see, using a smoke tube on a gas grill and in a pellet grill is quite the same. And, there’s no trouble using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does a pellet smoker tube do?
A: Well, technically, it provides smoke for hot and cold smoking. The crannied design of a smoke tube allows the pellets to stay lit and provide smoke constantly.
Q: How long does a smoke tube last?
A: The answer depends on the length of a smoke tube. A large capacity tube of 12 inches can hold enough pellets inside and can produce a sufficient portion of smoke for about 5 hours.
Q: How do you stop a smoking tube?
A: Separate the burning pellets from the not-burning pellets with the help of an old teaspoon. Make sure you get them all. It will still smoke for a while, but when it runs out, it will be quiet.
Q: Are pellet tube smokers any good?
A: In terms of durability and quality, the smoke tubes are excellent equipment. These are made of stainless steel and designed for providing services for years with satisfactory use.
Q: Can I use wood chips in a smoke tube?
A: Sure, the smoke tubes are appropriate for wood pellets or wood chips. You can utilize the smoker tube to generate smoke flavor with charcoal, electric, gas, and compact grills for hot smoking. Or you can use it for cold smoking of meat, cheese, fish, vegetables, nuts, and so on.
Now, you have learned how to use a smoke tube in a pellet grill. As you saw, it’s a dead-simple process. Now, you can enjoy your barbeque with a much more acquainted experience.
Let us know if the essay was helpful to you. And if you have any questions regarding the topic let us know in the comment box. We love to hear from our readers.